Division Chief Patrick Zepeda
Emergency Management Coordinator
Division Chief Patrick Zepeda was appointed Emergency Management Coordinator (EMC) for the City of San Antonio by Mayor Ron Nirenberg in October 2017. Chief Zepeda has over 35 years of professional firefighting service. He has been a key SAFD representative to the City’s emergency management program for over a decade.
His career of over three decades has included serving as:
- Incident Commander of Alamo All Hazard Incident Management Team Since 2010.
- Deputy Chief Operations during Hurricane Matthew 2016.
- Incident Commander of Special Events Team for COSA, planning all the Emergency Preparations for City Events (2007-2017).
- Incident Command of Hurricane Teams (2010-2017).
- Special Operations Chief in charge of 2 Hazardous Materials Teams & 2 Rescue Teams.
- He was also deployed to Staten Island during Hurricane Sandy to support recovery efforts.